Monday, June 7, 2010

A New Beautiful Darkness Cover?

Over on Castergirls.com, they have posted about a NEW cover for Beautiful Darkness, the sequel to Beautiful Creatures! Now, at first I was angry. But after comparing them, I've decided I like this new one more.

So, here, for your viewing pleasure, is the NEW Beautiful Darkness cover:


This is the old cover:

So, here are the reasons I like the new cover (above) more than the old cover (left).

The text color on the old cover is darker and I think the lighter just looks better with the black. Now, this could just have something to do with the screen or whatever. The lighter color stands out more and looks less flat, even though it is.

I am not a huge fan of the "sparkles" in the sky. To be honest, they look sort of lame here. Maybe if they were done differently. Maybe they'd look better on the actual cover, in person than they do on a computer version.

However, I am a HUGE fan of the gate. I think it's pretty and just really cool. The steps on the new cover are creepy and fill the background which looks really nice. It looks more real as well. The gate across the bottom with stars or sparkles in the sky just looks fake. It's awkward. There is too much empty space in the old one. Sometimes it's okay, but here I don't like it.


I feel that the steps look better with the Beautiful Creatures cover (right). The trees take up almost the entire background and fill up a lot of space. The space is also filled in the new cover with the steps. Overall, I am very happy with the new cover and really hope this one sticks.

Beautiful Darkness is set for
release on October 26th 2010!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I'm working on a feature for both of these titles for next week. I'll be setting up a Mr. Linky for everyone to add their reviews.

    I enjoyed both *grin*

    Mad Scientist.
    http://madsteampunkery.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete