Monday, March 8, 2010

Kiss Me Deadly Anthology

I was reading Sarah Rees Brennan's blog sarahtales (she's the author of The Demon's Lexicon, which I love) and it turns out she has a story in an upcoming anthology among other authors. Kiss Me Deadly is an anthology of 13 paranormal love stories! I am so excited!

Turns out it's a follow-up to The Eternal Kiss which I have not read, but I will be reading soon. I hope. AP Lit has my reading pretty much limited to the books for the class. (We're starting A Clockwork Orange. It's full of made-up words I don't understand. I think I like it!)

Anyone who has read my reviews knows that I love short stories. They also might be able to infer that I love paranormal love stories. This is definitely made for me. (And anyone like me. But I feel like they have me in mind. :P)

Now, my question is: how did I not know about this sooner? Especially because Maggie Stiefvater is featured in it and she's my favorite author. Why didn't I know? I read her blog and I would think I would remember her posting about this...I'm assuming this means she hasn't. And that makes me wonder why? But, that's not the issue here anyway. Unless this is one of her secret projects! OH! Maybe...maybe not. I'm pretty sure she said the secret project was a novel. Maybe not.

So, the authors that will be featured in the seemingly fantastical anthology are as follows:

Becca Fitzpatrick (Hush, Hush)
Caitlin Kittredge (Night Life) her story is Behind the Red Door
Karen Mahoney (The Iron Witch)
Justine Musk (Blood Angel)
Diana Peterfreund (Rampant) her story is Errant
Sarah Rees Brennan (The Demon's Lexicon) her story is The Spy Who Never Grew Up
Michelle Rowen (Demon Princess)
Carrie Ryan (The Forest of Hands and Teeth)
Rachel Vincent (My Soul to Save)
Daniel Waters (Generation Dead)

[EDIT] Maggie Stiefvater has posted a blog post (redundant?) about Kiss Me Deadly and has named the two missing authors! Daniel Marks and Michelle Zink (Prophecy of the Two Sisters)

Everywhere I've looked I've only come up with eleven authors...maybe two authors are writing more than one? I don't know.

I have to admit that I haven't read anything by most of them. Actually, I've only read books by Maggie Stiefvater and Sarah Rees Brennan. I've heard of some of the others! And some are on my Goodreads list! I recently bought Hush, Hush and I can't wait to read it! I've just become suddenly busy with schoolwork and can't read as much (or as quickly) as usual. Oh, summer break, how I long for thee!

No comments:

Post a Comment