Check out her post here.
Her official website is http://heidirkling.com/
So, what is Sea about you ask? Well...
Haunted by recurring nightmares since her mother's accidental disappearance over the Indian ocean three years before, fifteen year old California girl Sienna "Sea" Jones reluctantly travels with her father's volunteer team to six months post-tsunami Indonesia. During her stay at the orphanage, she meets scarred and soulful Deni who is more like Sea than anyone she has ever met.
She knows they can't be together, so why can't she stay away from him? And what about her old-best-friend-turned-suddenly-hot Spider who may or may not be waiting for her back home? And why is her psychiatrist father so secretive about her mother's plane crash? The farther she gets from home, the closer she comes to the truth. And Sea's real adventure begins.
Is it good? Well, I don't know...but these people think so! And I have a feeling I will, too! I love sea people-type creatures :D
SEA is a richly woven story as turbulent and beautiful as the sea itself, plunging us headlong into the depths of loss, devastation, compassion, and hope. A touching and romantic debut about the redemptive power of altruism and the heart's capacity for love." Sarah Ockler, author of TWENTY BOY SUMMER
"I was enchanted from the first sentence. At once heartbreaking and hopeful, Heidi R. Kling’s debut novel follows a California teenager who, mourning the death of her mother, travels to Indonesia to help tsunami survivors. While the setting is unique, the story of love and loss is utterly relatable. Sienna’s relationship with the beautiful, complicated Deni is compelling, romantic and real."
---Courtney Sheinmel, author of POSITIVELY and MY SO-CALLED FAMILY
"Heartbreaking but always hopeful; achingly romantic but never sappy-- SEA is simply luminous. What a remarkable debut!" -- Jennifer Laughran, "Not Your Mother's Book Club" Books Inc., San Francisco
So, what do you have to do? Well, there are several. I have copied&pasted it straight from her blog!
YOU MUST BECOME SEA PEOPLE.
How does one become a SEA PERSON? Naturally you grow gills and a mermaid tail. Or you simply...
1. Change your Twitter user pic and/or Facebook to SEA cover image. (One entry per change. Maximize your chances and change both!)
2. BLOG about it (paste the SEA post at the bottom of the page), choose THREE of your favorite blurbs to add, and put the link in comments.
3. TWEET about it and @heidirkling so I'll know. And you know, I pay attention to Twitter.
4. ADD SEA on GOODREADS and VOTE for SEA on the many lists it's on, 2010 Debuts, BOOKS WITH THE BLUES, KISS MY COVER etc. The more times you VOTE (or have voted in the past) the more ENTRIES you get! Link in comments please!
5. COVER YOUR BODY IN BLUE BODY PAINT AND DANCE IN THE STREET SCREAMING I LOVE SEA*
*Okay, You don't have to do that last one, but if you take your picture wearing blue and holding up a SEA sign I'll enter you THREE times into the contest. If you make a VLOG talking about why you want to read SEA you will be entered FOUR more times into the contest.
This is definitely a worthwhile contest. I am so excited for Sea which hits stores June 10th 2010!