Friday, January 8, 2010

Books of 2010! [That I am looking forward to reading]

I know I am SO late in posting this, but I just kept putting it off. I do not know why. So here is my list of books of 2010 that I am looking forward to having in my hands. 2010 is going to be a great year for YA readers.

Not all of the dates have been revealed and it's possible some will change or are just incorrect. I will update it as new books I'm looking forward to come to my attention and as the dates change or are released. It's very possible I have failed to list some that I wanted to and I KNOW there are some that I don't know about so they are, therefore, not on my list! Please let me know of any books of 2010 that I don't have so I can add them.

They're divided into three different types. New authors, stand alone books, and sequels.

Debut Novels
January
5th-Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves
7th-The Secret Year by Jennifer Hubbard
12th-All Unquiet Things by Anna Jarzab
12th-Alice I Have Been by Melanie Benjamin
19th-The Mark by Jen Nadol
February
1st-The Iron King by Julie Kagawa (#1 in the Iron Fey series)
2nd-Dirty Little Secrets by C.J. Omololu
4th-A Match Made in High School by Kristin Walker
4th-The Naughty List by Suzanne Young (#1 in The Naughty List series)
March
1st-Tagged by Mara Purnhagen
2nd-Forget-Her-Nots by Amy Brecount White
2nd-Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins (#1 in the Hex Hall series)
4th-The Line by Teri Hall (#1 in a series)
9th-Split by Swati Avasthi
16th-The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
23rd-The Snowball Effect by Holly Nicole Hoxter
23rd-Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken
April
1st-Guardian of the Dead by Karen Healey
13th-The Cinderella Society by Kay Cassidy
15th-Palace Beautiful by Sarah Deford Williams
27th-Whisper by Phoebe Kitanidis
28th-Change of Heart by Shari Maurer
May
June
10th-A Love Story: Starring My Dead Best Friend by Emily Horner
10th-Sea by Heidi R. Kling
July
------Other by Karen Kincy (#1 in a series)
August
31st-Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
September
16th-The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff
21st-Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
October
14th-Nightshade by Andrea Cremer
November
------The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney
December
Fall
------The DUFF by Kodi Keplinger
------Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Sequels
January
5th-Captivate by Carrie Jones (#2 in the Need series)
5th-Thirst No. 2 by Christopher Pike (2nd & final omnibus of his 6 book series The Last Vampire)
February
2nd-The Long Way Home by Andrew Klavan (#2 The Homelanders series) (I have not yet read the first however)
March
15th-Fang by James Patterson (#6 in the Maximum Ride series)
April
13th-Kiss in the Dark by Lauren Henderson (#3 in the Scarlett Wakefield series)
14th-Wayfarer by R.J. Anderson (#2 in the Faery Rebels series)
May
4th-Spells by Aprilynne Pike (#2 in the Wings series)
4th-Lies by Michael Grant (#3 in the Gone series)
18th-The Demon's Covenant by Sarah Rees Brennan (#2 in The Demon's Lexicon series)
25th-Perchance to Dream by Lisa Mantchev (#2 in the Theatre Illuminata series)
June
10th-So Many Boys by Suzanne Young (#2 in The Naughty List series debuting in Feb. 2010)
July
6th-Dark Flame by Alyson Noel (#4 in The Immortals series)
20th-Linger by Maggie Stiefvater (#2 in the Wolves of Mercy Falls series)
August
24th-Untitled Hunger Games Book #3 by Suzanne Collins
------The Iron Daughter by Julie Kagawa (#2 in the Iron Fey series debuting Feb. 2010)
September
------Torment by Lauren Kate (#2 in the Fallen series)
October
------The Scorch Trials by James Dashner (#2 in the Maze Runner series)
------A Good Boy is Hard to Find by Suzanne Young (#3 in the Naughty List series)
November
December

Stand Alone Novels/Beginnings of New Series
January
1st-Tangled by Carolyn Mackler
5th-Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers
5th-Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood by Eileen Cook
12th-Very LeFreak by Rachel Cohn
February
4th-The Total Tragedy of a Girl Named Hamlet by Erin Dionne
9th-The Dead-Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan
March
April
May
1st-Anxious Hearts by Tucker Shaw
4th-The White Cat by Holly Black (#1 in The Curse Workers series)
13th-My Double Life by Janette Rallison
18th-Something Like Fate by Susane Colasanti
June
July
20th-One Night that Changes Everything by Lauren Barnholdt
20th-Watch Me by Lauren Barnholdt [EDIT: This is the paperback version of what was formerly known as Reality Chick which I really enjoyed!]
(I am aware that something doesn't seem right about the above two, but that's what I found!)
August
3rd-The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May & June by Robin Benway
10th-Aces Up by Lauren Barnholdt
September
4th-Radiance by Alyson Noel
October
November
December

Unknown Dates/Rumored
Summer-Forever by Maggie Stiefvater (#3 of the Wolves of Mercy Falls series)
Fall-The DUFF by Kodi Keplinger
------Deadly Little Game by Laurie Faria Stolarz (#3 in Touch series)






3 comments:

  1. Thanks, Molly! I hope you love FORGET-HER-NOTS! I'm looking forward to so many of these too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I'm very excited to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. June 15, 2010
    Only the Good Spy Young - Ally Carter
    third book in her amazing gallagher girls books :D

    ReplyDelete