I am SO excited to post that Scholastic has revealed both the title AND the cover of the newest (and final) installment of The Hunger Games Trilogy. It's beautiful.
Without further ado...
Mockingjay is scheduled for release on August 24th 2010!
194 more days!
On the Scholastic blog, they have this little blurb from the VP Editorial Director of Scholastic, Devid Levithan.
I am not, under any circumstances, allowed to divulge the contents of the third Hunger Games book. Nada. Nothing. Not a peep. I can, however, share with you five things that will not be appearing in the new book:
So - there you go. I guess this means you, me, and everyone else will have to wait until August 24th to find out what really happens. Sigh ... August suddenly seems so far away.
- Panem is not shaken up when District 9 is nominated for a best picture Oscar.
- At no point does President Snow utter the line, “This is Snowmageddon, baby.”
- Despite internet rumors to the contrary, it is not revealed that Cinna has been secretly designing outfits for a Capitol operative known as “Lady GaGa.”
- All rumors of a crossover appearance by Geronimo Stilton are false.
- In a tough editorial call, we decided not to have Katniss win the Hunger Games…only to be interrupted by Kanye West.
I agree. It does feel far away.