Thursday, February 11, 2010

BIG Hunger Games News!

I am SO excited to post that Scholastic has revealed both the title AND the cover of the newest (and final) installment of The Hunger Games Trilogy. It's beautiful.

Without further ado...


Mockingjay is scheduled for release on August 24th 2010!
194 more days!
On the Scholastic blog, they have this little blurb from the VP Editorial Director of Scholastic, Devid Levithan.
I am not, under any circumstances, allowed to divulge the contents of the third Hunger Games book. Nada. Nothing. Not a peep. I can, however, share with you five things that will not be appearing in the new book:

  • Panem is not shaken up when District 9 is nominated for a best picture Oscar.
  • At no point does President Snow utter the line, “This is Snowmageddon, baby.”
  • Despite internet rumors to the contrary, it is not revealed that Cinna has been secretly designing outfits for a Capitol operative known as “Lady GaGa.”
  • All rumors of a crossover appearance by Geronimo Stilton are false.
  • In a tough editorial call, we decided not to have Katniss win the Hunger Games…only to be interrupted by Kanye West.
So - there you go. I guess this means you, me, and everyone else will have to wait until August 24th to find out what really happens. Sigh ... August suddenly seems so far away.
I agree. It does feel far away.

2 comments:

  1. Gah, i am obssess with the book!!!! I want the third book to come out already, and the movie too. Specially since Drew Roy could play for Gale, but either way, im still in Peeta's team. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed too. I love Peeta and I'm on his team for sure. :D

    ReplyDelete